Thursday, May 27, 2004

Pre-Bristol Comics Festival 2004
Irk! Only a couple of days until the Bristol Comics Fest. Decided that I'm only going up for the one day this time. Drive up Saturday morning with Liz, leave her to go shopping in Bristol town, pop into the show for a few hours, and drive back that night.

Last year Liz and I drove up on the Friday, booked into a decent hotel, and got lashed up that night with friends who live in Bristol at a stonking 'ye olde' pub. Had a bit of a hangover on the Saturday at the show. Spent the hour or so I was there picking up some cheap-as-chips 70s Marvel horror comics, tried to quell nerves and look awake on the Bulletproof panel, and went for a pint with a mate at the local pub.

I remember that I met up with Christian from Warhammer for the first time on the Sunday morning. In a pub. Something of a theme for that weekend. Also met PJ at the same time, even though I never knew I'd end up working with him on 'Nanas & Custard a few months later.

It will be good to meet up PJ and have a chat about N&C as well as getting Broken Claw off the ground. Which reminds me, I was hoping to have tighter five-page script finished for the show. Nevermind, I'll speak to PJ about it and get it sorted for next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home