Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Marvel Submission Response
Got a reply back from the inquiry letter I sent off to Marvel yesterday. They've actually asked to see a sample of my work, which is encouraging. They specified that they only wanted one sample of my writing work, a policy likely to prevent them from being bombarded with someone's entire CV. It also focuses me on picking out what I consider to be my best piece of work.

Although I'm really fond of my one-page 'Nanas and Custard strips with PJ, they are probably not the best example of what I can do. So I've plumped for the five-page 'Mundizuma's Revenge' strip written for Warhammer Monthly #77. This is probably the one strip that I still really like, and the decision was helped by the lush art by Mike Collins and the fact that Liz thinks this is the best strip I've had published so far. And I'm not going to argue with her.

I'm refusing to get overly excited in case it all comes to nowt. But bloody hell, it's Marvel Comics!

2 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, Blogger PJ Holden said...

Good luck, dude (BTW: nice to see a regular update on the old website :)

 
At 5:12 pm, Blogger Stoonami said...

Ta very much, PJ!

By treating it as a journal, the site should on being regularly updated (regularly-ish anyway). Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet up at Bristol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home